Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just Being Me

In class yesterday, after talking about politics and religion, my teacher asked a pretty hard hitting question. The question--if you could leave the world with one thing, what would it be?

I only get to leave one thing? I had the hardest time finding an answer to that. I would like to think that I have done quite a few good things, and have affected the lives of at least a few people in a positive way. So, what did I choose?

I didn't. I couldn't. I haven't lived my entire life. I haven't done everything I want to do. There are things that I want to be known for. I want to be know as a girl who above anything was completely filled by the love of God. I want to be known as a girl who would do anything she could to help, a girl who would give you the shirt off of her back if that's what you needed. I want to be known as a girl who was full of integrity, and a girl who did anything she could to make you smile.

As for leaving the world with one thing, I don't know...but...I don't see myself leaving the world anytime soon...unless God has another plan. So, for now, I choose to be known for the things I am doing and living for right now. I choose to be known for just being me.

No comments: