Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A few weeks ago, I found out that someone I know recently decided to completely go against everything she was taught and rebel. At first, I was furious. I was so mad that the things she yelled at me for, she was doing herself. It was the perfect example of the reason that I left the last church I was at. The more I thought about though, the more I started to realize that I was spending more time on all of the bad things that were going on in her life, than praying for her to get her life back on track with God.

How crazy is it that we focus on why some one is doing something wrong, rather than just asking God to help them get through the hard time they are going through. I was once told, that it was impossible to be a christian, do the wrong thing, and still be able to go to sleep at night feeling good about yourself. I hold that true for myself...if I know that I have done something wrong, I feel horrible about when I go to bed that night. If this is true for everyone, I can't imagine the way someone who was saved and turns away from God feels when they go to sleep.

I'd like to ask everyone to pray for this girl. I don't want to share her name, but please, God will know exactly who you are praying for.

No comments: