Thursday, November 13, 2008

Respect

I've always believed that respect is earned. I always give someone the benefit of the doubt to begin with. They have the responsibility to keep my respect. There are very few people I have ever lost respect for, and they have done nothing to gain it back. Although I find it in myself to be able to be nice and find compassion if they are in a time of need, I can't find it in myself to have respect for them as a person.

Sometimes I wonder if the way that I view this is wrong, or if I see it the right way. I have an exceptionally hard time trusting people, and I think respect is one of the greatest contributors to trust. To trust someone, and to have respect for them is giving them a peice of yourself-of your heart. Should they break that trust, it breaks that part of you.

I know this is an insanely random thing to write about, but I seem to be having a hard time with it today, and needed to vent a little bit about it.

No comments: